Blunty takes the Glide Gear DNA 1000 Video Stabilizer out for a spin. The DNA 1000 is Glide Gear’s medium sized stabilizer offering and is a perfect fit for smaller DSLRs and Mirrorless Camera Systems like a Panasonic Lumix GH3 or Lumix G5, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Fuji X-Series Camera or Sony NEX Series Camera.
- The most advanced stabilisation system on the market for its camera weight range
- Super lightweight, only 1.6lbs without counterweights
- Easy adjustment controls with easy release camera plate
- Three-axis gimbal joint with 360° rotation and adjustable convergence
- Quick adjust sliding telescoping center post
- Dynamic balance sled system with adjustable sway control and rotational and pan inertial control
- Super grip cushioned handle grip with precision bearings
- Anodized and powder coated aircraft grade aluminum for lightweight superior performance and extreme longevity
- Weights provided:Range 0.7 – 1.5 lbs Additional weights can be added if needed.
- Engineered for a very wide range of compact cameras and medium-size rigs up to 1.5 lbs
- Dimensions of head: 5″ x 3″ x 1″
- Sled base platform dims: 10.5″ x 2 3/4″ (shortest) or 14″x2 3/4″ (longest)
- Center post 3/4 – 1/2″ diameter
- Height 11″ shortest, 15″ tallest
- Weight: 1.6lbs without counterweights
- 10-pc counterweight set of 6 large and 4 small
- Camera mounting plate has 1/4″ and 3/8″ mounting holes
- Optional LCD monitor attachment on base plate (1/4″ hole)
My 2 Cents
Glide Gear have a history of making high quality equipment that gets the job done (and done well) without cleaning out your bank account. A perfect example is their DEV 1000 camera slider, which I personally own and love, and for only $149 USD, I’ll be adding the Glidegear DNA 1000 Stabilizer to my collection too!