New from RØDE, the smartLav – a lavalier microphone that plugs directly into your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® Touch. Can the smartLav provide professional quality audio recordings from an iOS device?
Here are the Details from RØDE
- The smartLav is a professional-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of applications, from the boardroom to the pulpit, the car to the classroom.
- The RØDE smartLav uses a standard TRRS connection, which plugs directly into your Apple iOS device’s headset input.
- By employing an omni-directional capsule that picks up sound equally from all around the microphone, the smartLav can be mounted in a variety of positions and orientations on the subject.
The smartLav is supplied with a foam pop shield to minimize wind noise and vocal ‘plosives’ (hard ‘b’, ‘t’ and ‘p’ sounds), as well as a durable mounting clip with in-built cable management.
- The smartLav works with any iOS audio app that accepts input from the headset connection, however it has been designed to pair perfectly with RØDE’s RØDE Rec app. RØDE Rec turns your iOS device into a fully-featured field recorder, with a wide range of equalisation presets to suit various recording situations.
- The smartLav is fully compatible with the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch (1st generation through 5th generation). (Read more on smartLav.com)